Balance Work Life and Personal Life
Every one of us wants to know how to balance work life and family life. Before we discuss about this, we need to discuss on why do we want to split our life into portions and what are they. When I explore the web world about this and even discussing with people the discussion articulates in “work life and family life”. It is surprising that we don’t think about “personal life” where none can enter. I strongly believe that everyone has such a personal life and I tend to split if it is essential into four such as “professional life, family life, personal life and other social life”.
Balancing life is simply balancing self not the portions of life. We may find it difficult when we try to completely understand the aspects and people in our life. We need to be aware that balancing is not managing. Managing people and professional commitments are different from balancing and never has it overlapped. Balancing is self-perpetuating requires a sober imagination of our wishes and identification of self-contentment point.
I don’t want to elaborately discuss the philosophy but explore the contents of different portions of life. The simple exploration may help us to find a balancing style.
Our professional life involves so many things which we developed the qualities already we have by nature.
· Requires commitment towards what we are assigned for
· Requires discipline
· Planning and prioritising
· Requires Intellectualisation
· Consuming energy
· Handling dynamics and undercurrent between people
· Ought to develop skills required which potentially increase both positive and negative stress
· Always intellectualising than simply thinking
· Always working with dual objectives (personal and organisational)
· Limited to material benefits and it is always misunderstood as social status
· Always try to impress the bosses and colleagues
Some of us try to show that they are working hard by the way of staying at work place for a long time. This increases the stress reduce productivity and inviting comments. It is not really required and not recognised even in social work culture. You could realise some amount of personalisation is there and increased stress.
Another danger of the “highly committed” people is they just live their professional life. Living is not working and working is not the only way of living.
How many of us can completely withdraw when we get out of the work place? It is possible by practise and some of us can do this by nature. But we should not confuse with people never take the work life seriously and managing with less productivity and it is a danger. Some people find it hard to withdraw from work and tend to show they work hard by the way of staying at work place for a longer time or work at home in late nights and sending mails/reports. A really committed person requires measured less time to accomplish the work. Hard working is no way greater than working smart.
So the suggestion here is to have a determined and required time limit to complete the work and detach from it abruptly to move on to the other areas life.
· Requires commitment to loved ones
· Financial commitment (so many ways to manage and not to be confused with the objective of this article)
· It doesn’t demand your skills but simplicity
· No image to be maintained but the care you give will give you an image
· It seems to demand much of your time but actually not true. The quality of time you spend with people decides this.
· This is the place where you gain energy to equal the energy spent at work
· Simplicity and being as you is the key
· Dynamics and under currents in family is dangerous and if it is present. They are very weak in nature. Don’t try to indulge in it and ignorance is the best policy here.
How many of us accept/believe that we have personal life which is completely personal and none/nothing can interfere or even enter into it. Here you can generate plenty of energy for your life.
· No commitment towards anything in the world except your peace
· Does not involve anything else in the external world including loved ones
· No dynamics, skills involved
· You can be any kind you love to be
· Positive imagination or even vacuum state replace the energy exhausted
If you can spend some time determined on being alone and thinking the maximum possible positive about yourself, will be helpful to fill your mind with energy. "Workouts" does wonders in personal life and if you could throw yourself into any sports the result will be really a magic.
What about social life? This is a combination of the above said three and other time we spend with friends and for charity, political interests, spending time on socialising sites etc. we have to take care of these and in control the way it is not affecting the other three.
There is nothing new to know the information shared but we should be completely aware of them instead of just knowing and need to develop some soft skills. We need to segregate the life into parts but living the wholesome life in the society.
Don’t forget to comment on this…….