Do You Like Online Shopping?'Online shopping' has become a fashion of purchasing and the trend is increasing in India. While >80% of the net users in America are buying things online, around 60% of the Indians do so. The 'influencing factors of online shopping' are friends having better purchasing experience than visiting shops, the discounts announced by the online stores and results of induced by the advertisements and spamming mails. It is expected that the online purchase will grow up to 75% in next year. Modern technology advancement and the young society of India take this further.
The 'pros and cons of online shopping' in India:
- Saves time in our hotfooting lifestyle.
- Saves travelling cost (especially in this high fuel cost period)
- Easy to compare the prices
- Availability of varieties that may not be available in physical stores we visit easily. This is possible because they have a network with various dealers and manufacturers in all over India and other countries sometimes.
- Cheaper than the stores in our town/city by announcing discounts. (It is possible due to many reasons like running cost of online stores is cheaper, real estate cost is almost zero, fewer staffs are enough to run the business etc. in reality online stores are making better profits)
- Free door delivery of even heavy electrical, electronic and furniture.
- Returning the goods is possible if you are not satisfied. (Should careful of some online stores’ return policy)
|pros and cons|
- Causing stress of delay in delivery
- The products appear in the website may be different from the actual or delivered. In this case we ought to have stress by calling them and reporting and a horrible process of returning and getting the refund. However, some of the online stores are properly responding and making the refunds.
- Cheated by showing the products’ description as high in quality but actually untrue.
- Getting confused and ended in buying a brand we are not aware of.
- Many cheated by 'huge discounts'. Majority of them are being cheated by clicking spam mails’ links.
'On-line purchase' is really pocket friendly and saving most of our time and travel if we are careful and getting (not reading in the site) suggestion from others have experience.
Do not purchase if you are not sure about the brand.
Buy products with 'manufacturer’s warranty'. Do not purchase the vendors’ warranty items and unknown manufacturer’s warranty.
Visit the popular and having track record online stores.
Read the company’s 'return policy'.
Some of the sites caused stress and I had a very bad experience with timtara.com, and 100bestbuy.com