An industry a very dangerous has not been given due attention or intentionally neglected for personal gains.
The 'basic safety measures' are not followed is secondary when we look at the situation here. The very basic necessary provisions like drinking water, enough work space, transport etc. are absent in many of the 'fireworks' in this area. Finally, more than 56 people (it may exceed to 70 as people with more than 70% wounds) charred to death and their family members lost their future. A list of possible reasons and what could be done to ensure such things will not happen in future.
- The license holders have given their license for lease and don’t care on how they run the industry
- Too much of production to a level of more than 10 times of allowed
- 7-8 people are working in a room where only three people are allowed
- Production in unapproved places like under the trees
- Illegal storage of more than 10 times of products
- No basic safety masks and special dresses are not provided
- Deploying people not properly trained
- No proper road facilities to rescue people during accidents
- Very poor medical facilities compared to required
- Machineries not introduced like China
Furthermore, the owners (we call them ‘Lords’ here) and government institutions have not introduced or implement safety measures. This is what the condition we people in the society live in 'Virudhunagar district'. Now we have to pray not the God but people who are directly or indirectly responsible and people minting money in this business to save our lives at least in future. The humanity remains with people living in the surrounding rushed to the place, saved many lives but the worst tragedy remains in the people who tried to save others’ lives have lost theirs.